Here’s What You Need to Know About Studying in Lithuania – Indian Students Exclusive
After graduating from high school, many Indian students opt for studying in their country. However, a majority of them head to the foreign lands in pursuit of a bright future. If you belong to the latter category and are looking for viable undergrad option, then look no more.
Among a sea of options to choose from, we will guide you about one of prominent education hubs of the European continent, known as Lithuania. It is a country that is known for its well-developed philosophy, respect for multi-cultures and viable education opportunities. Moreover, Lithuania has a crystal clear background in providing the highest level of education to both its local and foreign students.
To know more about the studying dos and don’ts in Lithuania, let’s proceed to further details.
Study in Lithuania for Indian Students
Many Indians have high hopes and dreams for building their career path and a top education is critical to accomplishing it. While studying in Lithuania you will be able to make this dream a reality. According to an estimate, every year the average number of Indian students coming to Lithuania is increasing. This has also happened because of the new visa rule implemented by the government of UK.
People choose to study abroad to achieve quality education while getting cheap accommodation and this country offers both at the same time. Now, days of adjusting the flat fare and working double shifts at nights are long gone. If this year you decide to choose Lithuania as your education spot for four years, you will be only focusing on acquiring the education.
Fun Fact: IELTS is not required for studying in Lithuania
You will be required to give a Skype interview to the overseas education counselor and that’s it!
Prestigious Colleges and Universities of Lithuania
Did you know the very first university of Europe was founded in Lithuania?
Lithuania is home to a number of top educational institutions that cover a vast number of disciplines from Medical Sciences to Banking & Finance, Business Studies and Management Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Accountancy, Basic Sciences (Physics and Chemistry), Media and Communications, Interior Design, Law, Computer Science, Hospitality, Tourism and Travel.
The oldest and largest university of this country is Vilnius University that was formed in 1579. Other great institutions include:
- ISM University of Management and Economics
- Kaunas University of Technology
- Mykolas Romeris University
- Lithuanian Academy of Physical Education
- LCC International University
- International Business School of Vilnius University
- Vilnius Pedagogical University
- Lithuanian Veterinary Academy
- Kaunas University of Medicine
- Lithuanian University of Agriculture
- Kaunas Priest Seminary
- Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre
- European Humanities University
- Klaipėda University
- Šiauliai University
- Vilnius Academy of Business Law
- Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
- Vilnius St. Joseph Priest Seminary
- Vytautas Magnus University
- Telšiai Bishop Vincentas Borisevičius Priest Seminary
- Vilnius Academy of Fine Arts
- General Jonas Žemaitis Military Academy of Lithuania
Lithuania Consulate in India
For any kind of details regarding visa processing you can head straight to the Lithuanian Embassy that is located in New Delhi, (C-93 Anand Niketan New Delhi 110021India. Furthermore, you can also call at the phone number (+91) 11 4313 2200 or email for any query at email@example.com.
Top Reasons to Study in Lithuania
Lithuania is located at the center right between east and west Europe. Its unique history has developed an exceptional culture which is an epitome of deference for quality learning. This country has membership of NATO and European Union. Furthermore, it one of the topmost educated countries in Europe.
- The cost of living here is far less than that of other western countries. Therefore, it is an ideal spot for education and tourism.
- The Lithuania people follow a simple lifestyle. So, if you come here to temporality stay for study reasons, the most courteous and friendly people will make sure you don’t feel homesick.
- Apart from doing undergraduate studies, it has been recommended for higher education too. Lithuania has further signed education agreements with more than 15 countries.
- The degree acquired from Lithuania is valid in any other European country.
- You can avail sponsored loan from the estate (there are almost 50 funded state seats in both public and private universities)
- The government further funds the education of the best graduates.
- If you want to learn the language, you can also get involved in a one-year language course.
- The education given here is in English language.
- The universities are equipped with world class labs and research facilities.
- It has been ranked as number 6 in GDP after London.
- ‘Many Indian students who graduated from here are now working all over the world.
Student Visa Requirements
If you are one of those lucky ones who has acquired a seat in any education institutes in Lithuania then you need to about few basics requirements before applying for the visa:
- You need to get a mediation letter from the respective institute in Lithuania.
- You don’t have to pay any consular fee.
- You need to obtain a valid air ticket confirmation.
- A registration document is given by the Institute of Lithuania.
- You will need a total of 150 Euros for your stay.
- Original bank accounts statements for at least three months.
- Pay slips of at least if you any experience.
- The required Affidavit of sponsorship from the guardian.
- Bank statements of at least three months of the guardian.
- Authorized health insurance documentation that covers the time period of your stay in Lithuania.
- A passport that is valid till you stay in Lithuania.
- A recent photograph with white background.
- The signed application that is free from any errors.
In addition to that, the Lithuania government can request any further documents if deemed necessary. You have to make sure that you are submitting the original bank statements and all pay slips. It takes a total of 14 days to process the visa application. Here, an important thing to note is that if the submitted documents are forged, you might be blacklisted from entering the country.
You can acquire the citizenship of Lithuania in two years. There are countless benefits of studying in Lithuania. You will be able to afford the tuition fee as well as manage the accommodation cost at most times. This country offers world-class education with the availability of flexible part-time jobs. After completing your education from here, you can easily move to other countries like France, Germany, Italy or Norway or even stay permanently in Lithuania.